|The Official Website of the Municipality of Ibaan||16:54:01 PM Thursday July 24, 2014|
|Department And Offices|
OFFICE OF THE MUNICIPAL SOCIAL WELFARE AND DEVELEPOMENT OFFICER
The Municipal Social Welfare and Development maintains its office at Ibaan, Batangas. It is manned by a Municipal Social Welfare and Development Officer, Social Welfare Officer I, Day Care Worker II and casual employees. Its maintained objectives are as follows:
a. To care and protect the physically and mentally handicapped and the socially disabled constituents for effective social functioning, disabling or dehuman.
b. To coordinate the service facilities required from such agencies, GO's and NGO's for the provision of an integrated welfare package to its constituents on the basis of their needs.
Objectives will be attained through the proper delivery of programs and services, to wit:
I. Social preparation for people's participation includes the community mobilization.
II. Assistance to socially disadvantaged families
- The program aims to enable them to assume their roles effectively as responsible parents and ensure family unity, thus, developing their capability in defining needs and formulating solutions.
- Marriage counseling service given to engaged couples for preparation, enriching skills of marital relationship.
III. Care, protection and rehabilitation of children and youth for the care and protection of abandoned, neglected, abused or exploited children and youth delinquents and others for their social adjustment and economic self sufficiency.
- Day care service. As per RA 6972 an act establishing day care center in every barangay and as a result, 25 day cares centers have been established.
- Monthly weighing of children
IV. Enhancement of socially disadvantaged women
- Protection of women welfare giving specific attention to the prevention/eradication of exploitation of women in any form as well as promotion of skills for employment and self-actualization.
- Social communication skills
- Promotion of rights of women
- Provision of livelihood assistance/skills training
IV. Disability prevention for disabled persons
- Promotion of disability prevention of physically, mentally and socially disabled persons.
- Provision of assistive devices
- Training for parents of persons with disability
V. Relief and rehabilitation of victims of natural calamities and social disorganization and distressed displaced persons
- Aid to individual in critical situation (financial assistance)
- Referral to different hospitals for medical assistance and other examinations
- Emergency assistance.
|Dennis T. Perez
Symon C. Saez
Wilbert JR B. De Castro
(Main Web Developer)
Romano E. Torrano